The Arcadia Bird Lamp has been developed in order to provide…
The Arcadia Bird Lamp has been developed in order to provide an artificial source of ultraviolet (UV) light, which is essential to captive birds denied exposure to direct sunlight. Please do not use reptile lamps for birds nor buy lamps advertised to suit both.
Unlike normal fluorescent lamps, the Arcadia Bird Lamp uses special UV emitting phosphors to replicate the spectral pattern of sunlight with 12% of the total light output emitted as UV-A and 2.4% UV-B.
• Compact lamp designed for use over birdcages in the home
• Produces excellent natural colours and iridescence
• 2.4% UVB and 12% UVA for optimal avian use
• Improves feeding and breeding behaviour
The use of a light source that mimics the natural UV content of sunlight has recognised health benefits, and provides birds with a more natural view their surroundings, encouraging natural behaviour and in many cases improved breeding results.
Additional features of the compact lamp include:
• Screw fitting for ease of use in the home
• Fits straight into household light socket - no need for a ballast
• Electronic - zero flicker, even to the eyes of the bird
• Energy saving 20W lamp
• Output equivalent to 100W incandescent bulb